Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Surprise Mail!

I got a surprise letter today from a friend of mine who's studying in seminary in Bonn, Germany. He's one of a group of German friends that I went to Rome with for Easter in 2004 (I did a student exchange to Germany five years ago in highschool and have a strong group of friends there that I'm still in contact with). Anyways, the letter was completely unexpected and so while I was complaining earlier this week about how I hate waiting for mail now I have to agree with Gabriel that "getting a letter from a friend is one of the most wonderful things this world has to offer." It's that much better when it's not your Birthday and it's not Christmas and for no particular reason a distant friend decides to write you a letter just because you've been on their mind. As an added bonus it's from abroad and it has real stamps.