Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Prayer for Those Growing Old

Paulinus from In Hoc Signo Vinces (which reminds me to make another addition to my blogroll) kindly posted the following prayer for me (or rather to be prayed for my grandparents) after reading some of my recent posts on caring for my grandparents.

A Prayer to Our Blessed Lady
for Those Who Are Growing Old


Take my hand, O Blessed Mother,
Hold me firmly lest I fall,
I am nervous when I’m walking,
And to Thee I humbly call.

Guide me over every crossing,
Watch me when I’m on the stairs.
Let me know that you’re beside me,
Listen to my fervent prayer.

Bring me to my destination,
Safely bring me, every day.
Help me with each undertaking,
As the hours pass away.

So, when evening falls upon us,
And I fear to be alone,
Take my hand, O Blessed Mother,
Once again and lead me home.

Amen.