Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Summer Reading Gone By

What have I been reading this summer?

Vita Consecrata by Pope John Paul II

Mulieris Dignitatem by Pope John Paul II

Father Elijah by Michael O'Brien

The Gospel of St. Matthew (RSV)

In Conversation with God by Fr. Francis Fernandez

The Eucharist by St. Alphonsus de Liguori

True Devotion to Mary by St. Louis de Montfort

Memory and Identity by Pope John Paul II

The Jeweller's Shop by Pope John Paul II

Pope John Paul II: In My Own Words by Pope John Paul II

The Truth of Catholicism by George Weigel

The Cube and the Cathedral by George Weigel

Christianity and the Crisis of Cultures by Pope Benedict XVI

Ok, so I'll admit we're a little heavy on the Pope John Paul II, but can you really blame me? Some of these texts (The Jeweller's Shop and Mulieris Dignitatem) I'd read before but were well worth a second read through. Some of these books I couldn't really sit down and read straight through all at once but had to take my time with because they were heavy to digest (True Devotion to Mary and The Eucharist [which I'm still working on]). I didn't get as much reading done over my summer break as I had hoped for but such is life.