Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Not So Smart Quote

The following quote is from the former Prime Minister of Canada, Jean Chretien. It's an old quote from back in August 2003 when things were getting heated on the same-sex marriage bill.


"I'm a Catholic and I'm praying," Chretien said following a cabinet meeting. "But I'm the prime minister of Canada, and when I'm the prime minister of Canada I'm acting as a person responsible for the nation. And the problem of my religion, I deal with it in other circumstances."

As you all know, the "redefinition" of marriage bill got passed in Canada last year. We lost that battle but the fight's not over yet.

All I can say is that I'm praying as well. I'm praying for Chretien. I'm praying for the protection of the sanctity of marriage in Canada. I'm praying that this mess would all be sorted out in accordance with God's will. May God have mercy on our nation.

Source.