Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Finally!

Three months ago I ordered a daily roman missal and an Ignatius Revised Standard Bible from amazon.com. Three months! The wait has been even longer if you count the same order I tried to make from amazon.ca (the Canadian site) back in March that got cancelled since they decided they didn't actually have either of the two. I was getting sick of waiting and I really wanted my new Bible so today I finally broke down and cancelled the order for the missal hoping that would get me the Bible sooner. Well, it worked. A few hours after having cancelled the order for the missal my RSV Bible has been shipped. You have to be strategic about these things apparently. I was smart enough to change the shipping address to my parents home address so my new Bible should be arriving home about the same time as I do early next week.

Now, where can I get a good (and not too expensive) missal? Apparently amazon.com has misplaced their missals. . .