Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Local Vocations Video

Fr. Finigan over at The Hermeneutic of Continuity has posted a vocations video made by some of my friends from Seminary of Christ the King. Seminary of Christ the King is run by the Benedictine monks of Westminster Abbey and has both a minor (highschool) and major (college) seminary.

I think it's a pretty awesome vocations video considering it wasn't done professionally and was more of a pet project for a couple of the seminarians (a pet project that took a lot of work!). I've noticed it has been posted on quite a few Catholic blogs recently.

Though I've seen it several times now, every time I see it I'm reminded of how blessed we are in this Archdiocese with the many young men who have heard the call from God to seriously discern a vocation to the priesthood and have answered. Six former students of Christ the King Seminary have been or are being ordained to the priesthood this year. May God bless the newly ordained priests, the soon to be ordained deacons, and all the seminarians, as well as the Benedictine monks who oversee their formation!

As one recently ordained priest told the congregation following his ordination Mass "Tonight Christ says to you 'I have heard your prayers for vocations and I have answered you.'"