Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Easy Way, eh?

I was in a Catholic Bookstore a few weeks ago with a friend of mine when we came across a book with the following title:

An Easy Way to Become a Saint

We couldn't help but laugh. Now, keep in mind, we weren't laughing at the becoming a saint part, just the easy part. Maybe it was the fact that we had just finished final exams and were somewhat emotionally and mentally unstable at the time that made the title seem so absurd, but for some reason, a book by the title of "An Easy Way to Become a Saint" seemed hilarious to me. I don't know about the rest of you, but I haven't discovered the easy way yet.

I'm not one to judge a book by its cover though, so if in fact anyone has read this book and found it helpful, please let me know. If you've found that it holds the secret to easily attaining sanctity, please, please, please share.

I read through some of the comments at the amazon.com link to the book and apparently many people do in fact find it helpful. Perhaps the author was using the term "easy" as synonymous with "simple." That would make it more plausible in my opinion. Apparently it's a book that's used in formation (or at least according to one of the reviews posted). On a more serious note, now that I've been thoroughly entertained by the title, perhaps I should go read it.