Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Latin American Literature Class

So, I'm currently taking a three week Latin American Literature class. That's always fun. Especially when you're the only Catholic in the class. Trying to explaing to your professor and classmates that no, Catholics do not adore Mary and the saints, but rather venerate them, makes for good practice in apologetics. Unfortunately my Spanish theological vocabulary is somewhat lacking. I think they got the point though. I also had to clarify that the Catholic Church does not teach that Mary is a godess, nor does the Church encourage worshiping statues. Ah well, it keeps me on my toes.