Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bookrack Finds

At the back of the church in my hometown there's a bookrack. For some reason all of the books on the rack were 50% off, and for many of the books that was 50% off an already marked down price. So what did I find? What can $21.50 CDN buy you from the bookrack at the back of the church? A lot! Yay!

The Holy Eucharist by St. Alphonsus de Liguori ($2.50)
The Passion and the Death of Jesus Christ
by St. Alphonsus de Liguori ($2.50)
The Incarnation Birth and Infancy of Jesus Christ
by St. Alphonsus de Liguori ($2.50)
The Glories of Mary by St. Alphonsus de Liguori ($2.50)
Life in Christ by Frs. Killgallon, Weber & Ziegmann ($2.50)
New Regulations on Indugences by Fr. Winfrid Herbst ($2.00)
The Secret of the Rosary by St. Louis de Montfort ($1.50)

and the following booklets:
Thoughts of the Cure D'ars ($1.50)
Favorite Prayers to St. Joseph ($1.50)
Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary ($1.50)
Praying with St. Therese of Lisieux ($1.50)
Blessed Kateri Tekawitha Prayerbook ($1.50)

And so I'm adding to my summer reading list. I know, that's a lot of stuff by St. Alphonsus de Liguori but I really like his writings I've read previously on the Eucharist so I figured why not explore his works a bit further. The books of his I got are pretty thick though. Ah well, hopefully I'll have plenty of time to read in the summer.