Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Thanks be to God

What a beautiful day.

I drove home in the sun and the view of the coast was breathtaking. Whenever I travel back to my hometown I'm reminded of the glory of God by the ocean and mountains which surround the area.

I got home in the early afternoon and spent the afternoon cleaning / organizing my old room which has become a dumping space since I moved away to go to university. I spent a good deal of time organizing my books on my bookshelf and dreaming of my summer reading list. I realized two things doing this: 1. I've read a lot of books in the past four years. 2. I still have many more books to read.

I then helped my mom get dinner organized and had an amazing dinner with my parents and maternal grandparents. It was the kind of dinner university students only get when they go home. After dinner I went to spend some time in prayer and go to Mass. I followed up Mass with a visit to my paternal grandparents.

Now I'm home and going to sit on the couch and sip a cup of tea and continue reading Father Elijah which I started earlier today.

I'm sure that no one out there really cares about the chronicles of my day, but it was just one of those days where nothing extraordinary happened but even in such an ordinary day God's love for me and His blessings in my life are so obvious. Just another day but another day living in God's grace. If nothing else, this is merely a post to remind everyone out there to appreciate the simple things in life, to give thanksgiving for the many blessings that we often receive without even being aware that they are present.