Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Warm Weather Clothes?

It was thirty degrees celcius today where I live. For you Americans out there, that's hot (86 degrees fahrenheit), at least in my opinion (maybe I'm a wimp). My problem isn't really with the heat though. I'm more disturbed by what comes out of the closet when the weather warms up than anything else.

I went to Wal-Mart to get some pictures printed today and there were two girls behind me in line wearing short shorts and string bikini tops. Ugh. It bothers me and I'm a girl, I can only imagine what guys have to deal with.

I have no problem with weather appropriate clothing, as long as it's modest. In my books, wearing a string bikini top to the store doesn't quite qualify. Neither does shorts in church.

Really, I find it sad to see the way some girls dress. Do they not understand the message that they are sending?