Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Fr. Andrew

Congratulations to Fr. Andrew! Here he is after his ordination giving a blessing to his uncle, Fr. Mark Dumont, OSB. At his First Mass this morning his uncle, who had baptised him thirty years ago, gave the homily, speaking of how the sacraments of Baptism, First Communion, First Confession, Confirmation, and Ordination to the Deaconate had all been equiping and leading Fr. Andrew to this day. It was also interesting to hear an uncle instruct his nephew on the role of the priest. The ordination itself yesterday was absolutely beautiful. I feel my words would be inadequate to describe it so I won't even attempt. I stand in awe and wonder of the vocation of the priesthood and what a gift it is to the Church. I thank God for all the priests who have touched my life by enabling me to encounter the person of Christ in the sacraments, particularly through the Eucharist.