Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, January 02, 2006

The Life of Waiting for Ferries


Growing up in a coastal community means you get very good at patience. Practicing patience is more than a virtue, it's a necessity on the West Coast. Patience waiting for ferries. Waiting for ferries can also get very boring though. This is a picture I took when bored waiting to catch a ferry back home to my parents place yesterday. I sat for two and a half hours in the parking lot because I missed the previous ferry by a couple minutes. It didn't take long for me to get bored. Anyways, the cross in the picture is a cross hanging off my rearview mirror and it's the only thing I bought for myself when I was in Rome for Easter in 2004.