Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Hand Positions and the Priesthood

Father Benoit, over at Benedictus qui Venit has a great post up right now on interpreting the significance of the position in which a priest holds his hands. It's definitely worth reading through if you're looking for some interesting commentary. I'd have to say I think I've seen these apparent insights manifested to be true. The post is in French, but if you don't read French there's always online translators you can use, it might butcher the language a bit but it should still make sense. Well, looking at the pictures of the options for hand positioning and then looking at the pictures of Pope Benedict XVI also included should say everything you need to know.