Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Liturgy of the Hours

After trying to figure it out on my own, I finally took the initiative to get some guidance from someone who knows what they're doing (unlike me). For the past month or two I've been trying to figure out how to pray the liturgy of the hours on my own and I keep on getting lost and confused and not really knowing if I'm on the right track. This morning I got a family friend of mine who spent some time discerning a vocation with the Benedictines to give me a little help and guidance. It was very helpful to get someone who knew what he was doing to guide me a little. I feel a bit more confident now that the Liturgy of the Hours is not impossible to navigate. It does take up a lot of time though...