Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

About Me Meme

It's 11:00pm and I can't sleep so what do I do. . . pick up on a Meme from Fr. Zehnle at Servant and Steward.

1. Male or Female: Female

2. Married or Single (or religious): Single (no, this is not a personal ad)

3. Dream vacation: Italy, France, Spain, Greece, and the Holy Land, on my own with a backpack and plenty of time

4. Birthplace: middle of nowhere, Canada

5. Area I live in currently: British Columbia

6. Someone you wish you could meet: Pope Benedict XVI

7. Biggest "pet-peeve": unecessary use of swear words for every second word in speech

8. Favorite Religious devotion: does Eucharistic Adoration count?

9. Favorite Saint (besides the Blessed Mother): Too many to choose from although my A-list of intercessors includes St. Maria Goretti, Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati, and St. Alphonsus Liguori.

10. Favorite sport that you play: swimming

11. Favorite food: seafood lasagna

12. Tridentine or Novus Ordo: The Novus Ordo (although I don't mind Tridentine. . . as long as a Mass is validly and licitly celebrated I am happy. . .)

13. Would you (or are you) home school or public school: I attended public elementary and highschool, although if I had a family I'd seriously consider homeschooling (depending on the schools in the area)

14. How many kids do you have: I have no kids.

15. Ever been in an auto accident: Well, not a serious accident.

16. Ever seen a pope in person: Pope John Paul II about six feet away in St. Peter's Square after Easter Sunday morning Mass in 2004. Pope Benedict XVI in Cologne Germany at WYD in 2005 got out of the papamobile and stood directly in front of me and greeted the young people. Literally, he was right in front of me. I have pictures of both. :-)

17. Languages that you know fluently: English, French, German

18. Last movie you saw in theatres: I can't even remember!

19. Favorite Blog: I'm impartial. ;-)

20. Your thoughts on Barney, the Easter bunny, and Santa Claus: I've never seen Barney, although I know he's a purple dinosaur of some sort. The Easter bunny doesn't exist. Santa Claus is clearly St. Nicholas and he visits not on Dec. 24th or Dec. 25th, but rather on Dec. 6th.