Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Prayer Request


I have been preparing several children who are "behind schedule" on receiving the sacraments to make their First Confession and receive their First Communion. The First Communion will be the first Sunday in May, however the children will be making their First Confessions tomorrow morning.

Could you please say a little prayer for them?

I don't know that they are fully prepared for this sacrament, but then again, are any of us ever fully prepared? I have done what I could and taught them what I think they need to know however now I must entrust them to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the love and mercy of Christ.

I ask especially for prayers that as they make their First Confession the seeds would be planted for an ongoing sacramental life and a continual returning to God's love and mercy in and through this sacrament throughout the course of their lives.

Labels: