Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Friday, April 13, 2007

How to get an A+

The following was said by our professor, in the context of the "Church and Sacraments" theology class I've been in this past semester, while discussing what to expect on the final exam:

"If any of you begin to levitate while writing the exam you will receive an automatic A+."

Automatic A+'s were also offered about a month ago after the lecture on consecrated religious life to anyone who left and entered a religious community and thus did not return to complete the course.

Unfortunately, I think I'll have to actually prepare for the exam in order to do well since chances of me levitating are not that great and I already missed out on the enter-religious-life-and-receive-an-automatic-A+ offer.

On that note, I'm off to brush up on Pope Benedict XVI's (Cardinal Ratzinger's) book "Pilgrim Fellowship of Faith: The Church as Communion" . . .