Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Random Thoughts for the Last Day of Classes

You have got to love first year Latin class when . . . you get bonus marks for memorizing the Salve Regina! :-)

On the downside, for another course I'm in, I completely 'forgot' (. . . it was a very honest 'forgetting'. . .) to read one of the textbooks. Unfortunately the exam is Saturday. I guess I'll be doing some extra reading tonight.

Are take home exams really a blessing? I used to think so. Now that I've been handed a take home exam with seven eight hundred word essay questions (do the math. . . seven times eight hundred. . . well over 5000 words expected of me) I'm re-evaluating my position on the matter.

And finally, one of my theology professors ended my last class of the semester with the following quote from Blessed Mother Theresa of Calcutta:

"We're not called to be successful, we're called to be faithful."

These are good words to keep in mind as I enter the desperate studying phase. A week and a half from now it'll all be over.
Deo volente.