Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Wishy-washy

Today I just happened to be reading through the marriage preparation guidelines for a random Cathedral in North America. In charity I won't say which one. I just wanted to point out that I find this paragraph to be lacking some spine:

"In cases where the couple is a little lax in the practice of their faith there may be some gentle challenges extended to you to assist you in your return to a regular faith practice. Don't worry, we will be pastorally sensitive and we will be interested in listening to you. After all, sometimes people drift away from the Church for awhile. We hope the time of your preparation for marriage will be a time for you to renew your ties with the Church in a positive manner as you strive to live a relationship that is founded on Christian values and faith in God."

Hmmmm. . . I think this paragraph could use some reworking.