Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Question

I have a little question for the day. It's not a very important question, I'm just curious. It came to me today when I saw altar server walked between the altar upon which the Blessed Sacrament was exposed in a monstrance and the Tabernacle which is centrally located on the wall behind the altar. The question is, in which direction should he have genuflected? Towards the Blessed Sacrament exposed on the altar? Towards the Blessed Sacrament in the Tabernacle? Or both? Are there any priests or well trained altar servers or people more knowledgeable than I with an answer out there?

In case you're curious as to what he was doing walking around in the sanctuary during exposition, he was going to put out the candles on either side of the Tabernacle since exposition directly followed Mass and the candles at the Tabernacle were still lit (I'm not talking about the vigil candle. . .)

Oh boy, I think this is all very confusing now. Sorry. It's not really important. I'm just a curious kind of person.