Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Top Five People

Danny from Irish and Dangerous tagged me with this a week ago. I'm a bit slow on my response but I guess later is better than never.

Here it goes. . .

If you could meet and have a deep conversation with any five people on earth, living or dead, from any time period, who would they be? (Explaining why is optional.)

Ok, so I'm not going to repeat any name twice. Keep in mind I would have put Pope John Paul II on almost every one of these lists.

I'm not taking the time to explain why I've chosen these people, though I have a reason for each of them, since if you waited for me to explain this might never get done.

Name five people from each of the following categories:

Saints
1) St. Maria Gorreti
2) St. Thomas Aquinas
3) St. Peter
4) St. Thérèse of Lisieux
5) St. Jean Marie Vianney

Those in the Process of Being Canonized
1) Pope John Paul II
2) Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati
3) Servant of God George Vanier
4) Servant of God Claire de Castlebajac
5) Blessed Mother Teresa

Heroes from Your Native Country
1) Jean Vanier
2) St. Jean Brébeuf
3) Terry Fox
4) John McCrae
5) Blessed Marie de l'Incarnation

Authors/Writers
1) Pope Benedict XVI
2) J.R.R. Tolkien
3) C.S. Lewis
4) St. Josemaría Escrivá
5) St. Alphonsus Liguori

Celebrities (Who's defining "celebrities"?)
1) St. Michael the Archangel
2) St. Nicolas
3) Good King Wenceslas
4) Pope Paul VI
5) St. Thomas More

I'm not going to tag anyone else because I think this has already gone around and most people have done it. If you want to take up this meme and haven't already done it, go ahead. . . I tag you!