Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Textbooks

I picked up some of my textbooks today from the university bookstore. I will post a complete list that you will may envy sometime next week once the dust settles.

By far the heaviest, thickest, and most frightening text I purchased today was Commentary on Aristotle's Metaphysics by St. Thomas Aquinas. St. Thomas Aquinas is going to have to be busy interceding for me if I'm going to read this whole thing.

(As a side note, I find it a good habit to say a short prayer to the saint/author when reading any text written by a saint. It helps me to keep things in perspective (especially when overwhelmed by my studies. . . the final goal of eternal life is what really matters in the long run) and also of course has the benefits of intercession from the communion of saints.)