Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Busy Day

I had a really busy day today.

I woke up, went to Mass, caught the bus to go pick up my bike, biked to the college, spent the later part of the morning and all afternoon working on Student Life stuff (my part time job for this coming academic year. . . organizing events for students at the college), biked home, had supper, cleaned up, made up a weekly schedule for the fall (I have so much going on I need to be organized this way), talked on the phone with a friend, visited Jesus, came home and did dishes, caught up on e-mails, and now. . . well, I'm thinking it's about bedtime.


Tomorrow I'm heading up to Westminster Abbey (no, not the England one) with some friends (A Journey & Confessions from a Young Catholic). It's supposed to be fantastic weather and I'm sure it will be gorgeous up there. Going up to the Abbey and spending time in prayer, joining in on the Liturgy of the Hours, wandering the grounds, and visiting with some of my Benedictine friends always helps me keep things in perspective and restore peace to my life when things are hectic. It's such a blessing to be able to withdraw from the crazy pace of life and just be. . . to simply to rest in His presence. The semester hasn't even started but things are already getting hectic!