Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Searching for Priests

The Catholic college I attend doesn't have a full time chaplain since we're so so small but we have a chapel and love having daily Mass (and if it's offered, the students will come!). It's my job to find priests from the area who will commit to saying Mass for us once a week (If we find enough priests we can have someone for each day of the school week! Please pray we'll find priests available and willing to say Mass.) Anyways, I spent a good chunk of time today trying to get in touch with priests who I thought might be willing to come and say Mass for us. Unfortunately, I ended up talking with quite a few parish secretaries: "Father is out." "Father's gone for the day." "Father's on vacation." Apparently the priests have vanished. Ok, I know they haven't vanished, they're just either really really busy or very tired and desperately needing a vacation. Most likely both.
Pray for them.