Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Metaphysics Anyone?

I was checking out my courses for the fall semester (which are all courses I'm excited about. . . yay!) on the university website when I noticed that my course with the least enrolled students is a third year philosophy course called Metaphysics of St. Thomas Aquinas. Now, come on people, you all know you want to take metaphysics. I promise, it'll be fun. And if you don't find it "fun" it'll at least be a good work-out for the brain. I have a feeling that it's one of those courses that will make my brain hurt but that will be worth it in the end. Ahhh, yes, the sweet memories of Philosophy of the Human Person last semester. What? Humans have an infinite capacity for knowledge? When you're trying to wrap you're head around readings from Aristotle, Aquinas and Wojtyla it's not so easy to accept that you apparently have an "infinite capacity" to learn this stuff. I felt pretty limited. Ugh. But good "ugh." One of those "ugh, that was tough reading but well worth it."

Anyways, all this to say, if anyone out there reading this blog happens to study where I study (and you know who you are) and has no good reason not to take metaphysics, come join me!