Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Prayer for Troops

I'm not a big forwards person but I was surprised and encouraged when I received the following e-mail from a highschool friend of mine who's in the Canadian Military and who wasn't Christian when I was in school with him (at least not explicitly. . . maybe I just didn't know. . .):

I know that I'm sending this to a lot of people, who don't have a lot of faith, but myself, having a lot, and I mean a lot of friends/co-workers serving overseas right now, this email meant a lot to me.

Prayer Request

With what has happened to our Canadian troops recently, and to those of other nations,....we should have no problem doing this.

I'm keeping it going by sending it to you, now it is up to you to keep it going by sending it on to your friends and they to their friends, as it is deemed appropriate!!!

Our troops need our prayers for strength, endurance and
safety.

"Lord, hold our troops in Your loving hands.
Protect them as they protect us and others.
Bless them for the selfless acts they perform
for us and others in times of great need.
Bless their families as they worry about
and support their loved ones."

AMEN

When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a
prayer for our troops around the world.
There's nothing attached; just send this as you feel led.
Of all the gifts you could give a Soldier, Sailor or Airman, deployed in harm's way, prayer support is one of the very best!!!