Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Two Down, Four to Go!

Why oh why do I have to have an exam at the last possible exam time?! Oh well, not much I can do about it. I'm not done my exams until December 17th! :-(

I'm done two now though. Two down, four left to go.

Unfortunately, my most interesting courses (Ancient to Medieval Philosophy and Moral Theology) are the two exams that are out of the way. Now I have to study for the exams that I'm not really interested in as much.

I wrote philosophy today. I wrote fourteen pages, single spaced, by hand, in two hours... ughhhh... my whole arm is sore now but it's done now. The exam went alright. I had to write three essay questions and I had my choice out of five questions. I wrote on St. Augustine on the Primacy of the Will, St. Bonaventure on the ascent of the soul in it's journey to God, and proofs number three and five (contingency and design) from St. Thomas Aquinas. My favourite of the three was the St. Bonaventure one because I drew a diagram to go along with my essay that my grade 11 physics teacher would have been proud of (hint: God is the perfect light but the "intensity" with which this light is revealed varies at the different levels in the ascent)...

Anyways, ahora necesito estudiar para espaƱol...