Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy Camper


Late tonight I decided to go camping for the weekend. Yipeee... It was a spur of the moment decision to join some friends who were planning on going into the woods for a few days. I decided that since I only live once I should seize the moment (accept God's providence?) and go. After all, I've been lamenting the fact that being stuck in suburbia for the summer I am missing out on all that a summer in beautiful British Columbia has to offer.

And so, as soon as I get off work tomorrow (or rather today now, since it's past midnight), I'm heading off with some friends to an unknown lake (or at least unknown to me) in the middle of nowhere to go camping / swimming / hiking / canoeing / and so much more. . . I'll put on plenty of sunscreen, stop complaining about the heat, jump in the water, and have some fun.

Don't expect to hear from me for the next little while.

Yippppeeee. . . off to camping we go. . .

Can you tell I'm excited?! God is so good. He truly knows the desires of our heart. He knows I don't like being in the city (no offense to the city) and would really rather be outdoors enjoying the summer. Ask and ye shall receive. Deo gratias!