Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

St. Anthony of Padua


Today is the feast day of St. Anthony of Padua. He's a dear friend of mine. One of those friends you can call on. In fact, I call on him almost every day. Earlier this week he helped me find my digital camera which I'd misplaced. I was looking all over for it and my anxiety level was rising and then I simply muttered under my breath "St. Anthony, pleeeease help me find my camera." and guess what? I found it in the next place I looked. He's not just a friend who helps me find things though. That would be merely a friendship of utility. He's a friend who points me to Christ through his example and intercession.

Glorious Saint Anthony, my friend and special protector, I come to you with full confidence in my present necessity. In your overflowing generosity you hear all those who turn to you. Your influence before the throne of God is so effective that the Lord readily grants great favors at your request. Please listen to my humble petition in spite of my unworthiness and sinfulness. Consider only your great and constant love for Jesus and Mary, and my desire for their glory and mercy. I beg you to obtain for me the grace I so greatly need, if it be God's will and for the good of my soul. I place this earnest petition in the care of the little mission children so that they may present it to you along their innocent prayers. Bless me, powerful Saint Anthony, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.


Don't forget to go over to Servant and Steward and wish Fr. Zehnle, serving at St. Anthony of Padua parish, a very happy feast day!