Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Friday, May 18, 2007

LibraryThing is the Cool New Thing

I discovered this great new website this past week. It makes cataloging your books really easy! In about an hour and a half I cataloged 150 books. All you have to do is type in the title of the book and all the editions will show up and you simply select the edition you have or type in the ISBN number, or type in the author's name and their works will pop up and you select what you own. I have some more books at home taking up shelf space in my parents house, and I didn't catalog my Spanish, French, and German literature yet. As of right now my cataloged library includes mostly Theology, Philosophy, and English Literature. This site has all sorts of cool features though. It will show you who's library catalogs yours is closest to (this is a dangerous feature, because when you go and read the catalogs of people who have similar tastes as you discover books you wish you had in your own library). You can pull up all sorts of other interesting statistics and facts. It's really fun. Ok, I'm sure I'm sounding like a geek by now, but oh well.