Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Theology of the Body


My brother's awesome. . . he just sent me an e-mail saying that his present for me in honor of my graduation is on its way.

The Theology of the Body
This is the new translation, which is apparently a much more accurate translation than previous editions. I have the original English translation from Pauline Press and have been wanting this new one since it came out but I felt I couldn't justify buying it for myself since I already had a copy of the Theology of the Body. I'll now be able to give my extra copy away to some newly wed friends. If you haven't read it yet, read it. You really should. It's not just about the theology of marriage but rather touches on everything. . . everything? Yeah, well, pretty much! Anything that's affected by the reality of the Incarnation, which is pretty much everything. Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body considers what it means to be a human person made in the image and likeness of Christ and living in relationship with God and others. It's relevant for anyone who falls under that description. You included. :-)

Labels: , ,