Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Friday, December 08, 2006

One Down, Five to Go.

I wrote my first exam this morning. "The Theological Vision of Pope John Paul II." It was my favourite course of the semester. I wrote over fourteen pages single spaced in just over two hours for the exam. Yes, I thought my hand was going to fall off. But questions such as "Describe Pope John Paul II's understanding of the dignity of the human person." or "What did Pope John Paul II mean when he spoke of 'the New Evangelization'?" aren't exactly short answers. In fact, I could have written even more.

By the way, I'd highly recommend everyone go read The Splendor of Faith: The Theological Vision of Pope John Paul II by Cardinal Avery Dulles. It's not too difficult to read and not too long (262 pages) and it does provide a fairly comprehensive overview (if that's even possible) of the theological thought of our beloved Pope John Paul II.