Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Besides the fact I'm not American...


You scored as New Catholic. The years following the Second
Vatican Council was a time of collapse of the Catholic faith and
its traditions. But you are a young person who has rediscovered
this lost faith, probably due to the evangelization of
Pope John Paul II. You are enthusiastic, refreshing, and somewhat
traditional, and you may be considering a vocation to the
priesthood or religious life. You reject relativism and the
decline in society that you see among your peers.
You are seen as being good for the Church.

A possible problem is that you may have a too narrow
a view of orthodoxy, and anyway, you are still a
youth and not yet mature in your faith.

New Catholic

88%

Traditional Catholic

71%

Radical Catholic

69%

Evangelical Catholic

45%

Neo-Conservative Catholic

36%

Liberal Catholic

5%

Lukewarm Catholic

0%

What is your style of American Catholicism?
created with QuizFarm.com


I'm relieved I got 0% for the lukewarm....I'm also curious as to the 5% liberal... I figure it's because I answered rather neutral to the question with regards to what you'd say if someone asked you if you were saved...The thing is, as a Catholic, I am saved (initial justification), I am being saved (sanctification), and I wait in joyful hope that one day I will be saved (eternal life in Heaven).