Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Advent Wreath



This is a picture of my family's advent wreath from tonight when we gathered around the wreath with my grandparents. I know the picture is dark but that's the whole point. We turn off all the lights in the house, every single light, and only light the candles on the wreath. I love this tradition. Every night during advent we kneel around the wreath and sing advent songs in German, French, and English and pray together for our family, especially those who are not with us. It's a simple tradition from my family that I think I will carry with me forever. It's a great way to emphasize the spiritual preparation aspect of advent as a whole family.