Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The perfect carpenter?

Today I've had the occasion to spend a fair amout of time thinking about freedom for excellence in the moral life and in light of that reflection I was thinking of being conformed to Christ and in light of that reflection I was thinking about how in Christ we find the fulness of our humanity and in light of that reflection I was thinking about the perfection of Christ... (pardon the stream of consciousness)

Anyways, all that thinking got me to wondering about carpentry by the end of the day. Really, I'm a simple mind. I start out thinking about the moral life and I end up thinking about kitchen tables.

Here's my question: Since Christ is perfect would the tables and chairs he built as a carpenter reflect perfect carpentry skills? Was he incapable of messing up when building a table? Never mind... as I write this I'm thinking that I probably know the answer. Just because Christ is perfect doesn't mean he didn't trip and fall when learning to walk... Still, you'd think that a table built by Jesus would be pretty high quality.

Well, this is a very random post but that's what happens at this point in the semester. Hopefully after exams I'll get some posts up about Christmas and such, plus attack my huge 'personal' reading list that has accumulated over the course of the past few months. . .