Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Australian Catholics

I was surfing the net tonight and looking at a census on Catholics in Australia. I know it sounds like a random thing to be doing but I came across it because I had been searching for their WYD information (WYD 2008 is in Sydney, Australia).

Anyways, I thought this was interesting:

Preferred style of music

  • Early Sunday morning attenders expressed the strongest preference for traditional hymns at Mass.
  • Sunday evening and Saturday evening attenders expressed the strongest preference for contemporary liturgical music.


Experience of liturgy

  • Sunday evening attenders were the least likely to experience joy and a sense of God's presence during Mass, and the most likely to say they experienced boredom.
  • Sunday evening attenders were also the least likely to say they found the preaching they heard at Mass helpful to them in their everyday lives.

Can you see what strikes me as interesting in that information?