Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Rain

It's raining right now. Call me crazy, but I like the rain. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in a temperate rain forest (no, unfortunately not tropical).

"Coastal temperate rainforests have three main distinguishing features: proximity to oceans, the presence of mountains, and high rainfall."

That's home.

It's sad but true, the sound that reminds me most of home is that of windshield wipers in a car going full force.

We had a beautifully sunny summer, which was a treat (I like rain but sometimes a little Vitamine D is a good thing). It was pretty much sunny from June through to now.

Now it will rain from September until next June.