Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Don't Forget Your Phone

I came across this interesting story while studying for my Christian History course. We had been studying Aimee Semple McPherson in relation to revival and charismatic movements in the United States. I was doing a little research preparing for my exam and discovered this:
"According to The Preachers by James Morris, she was buried with a live telephone in her casket to ensure her survival in the event of bodily resurrection, although other biographers do not mention this and groundskeepers at Forest Lawn deny it."
(Source)
Don't forget to pack your cell phone. You just might need it. You'd think you'd need an outlet and a charger though in case your cell phone battery ran out before the resurrection of the dead. I know the first thing I'm going to want to do when I rise from the dead is get on the cell phone and check up on my friends and family.