Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Papa Bene at WYD

I just had to post my picture of our dearly beloved Pope Benedict XVI that I took at WYD. No zoom. Up close and personal!

This is when he was going to meet with the Seminarians at St. Pantaleon Kirche in Köln on the Friday of World Youth Day. I was waiting outside for seminarian friends who were inside and we just hapenned to be at the right place at the right time. The Holy Father was literally feet away from me and looked straight at me (that's nothing though compared to my friend who's a seminarian and got to speak with the Holy Father and received rosary beads from him). You can't look into his face and even question the presence of the Holy Spirit in the man.

Extra brownie points for anyone who can help me identify who's standing right next to him.